The Digi-BS system is the integration of a technologically advanced saw and a length stop.
- The saw is an ‘Up-cut’ type of saw with a blade diameter of 250 mm, the positioning of the rotary table which allows angles from 20° to 160° is accurately controlled from a CNC unit.
- The unique mechanical structure of the Digi-BS is speciﬁcally designed for the cutting of glazing beads and for this reason the Digi-BS includes a quick-adjusting device for the blocks.
- This innovative system allows you to work a wide varied range of beads without the additional need for proﬁle speciﬁc bead blocks, the design of the machine also allows you to make the ‘arrow cut’ (typical of PVC glazing beads) by making the two cuts required in one programmed operating sequence.
- The cutting area is fully protected by a protection guard which can be opened for access, but for the operators safety is interlocked with a safety device that prevents opening when the machine is in operation.
- The Digi-BS has a very fast cutting cycle due to the ‘short stroke’ action of cutting blade.
- Additionally the Digi-BS has also been equipped with an adequate system for waste pieces to be expended from the machine and is supplied with two outlet ports for the dust extraction system.
- The length stop is made of robust aluminum structural proﬁles with a stepper motor controlled integrated carriage positioning system, this positioning system is managed by the control unit and the measurement is veriﬁed with a magnetic measurement system that can have a very impressive accuracy of + or – 0.1mm. This allows the length stop to achieve optimal positioning speeds with high precision.
There are many advantages with a machine that integrates a miter saw and a length stop a few are:
- Unique control system which manages all the functions of the “two” machines
- Easier to operate, a single screen with few operator interface buttons to control both units
- No need for interconnection between the two units as the control system knows both the positions of the blade in relation to the length stop fence